Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Schadenfreude List

I'm collecting these for some day when I'm a grandmother.  It's not quite a blackmail list but it will give odd twinges of pleasure that mirror precisely, present vingettes of pain because I know, I know...these words will return.

"When I have kids, I'm NEVER going to overreact."

"They'll be able to play Wii if they want.  They can watch TV if they want or play computer.  I won't ruin summer by making people read or go outside or practice music.  It will just be relaxing time for everyone."

  "You don't work Mom."  

"No one else's Mom makes them go to bed this early.  It's Summer!" (10:07 p.m.)
"I don't have to be anywhere so why do I have to get up? It's Summer!" (12:05 p.m.)

"I'll have two dogs. My kids will take them for walks and look after them."

"I'm going to be a millionare and have people to do my laundry."

Feel free to add your own. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My mum likes to remind me that I said that I would let my kids have as many lollies as they wanted and that I would keep jars of chocolates around the house........I totally don't remember saying this! lol!! Needless to say I don't let my kids have unlimited sweets! Cheers Sue! http://notenoughbutter.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

My mum likes to remind me that I said that I would let my kids have as many lollies as they wanted and that I would keep jars of chocolates around the house........I totally don't remember saying this! lol!! Needless to say I don't let my kids have unlimited sweets! Cheers Sue! http://notenoughbutter.blogspot.com/

Maria said...

I've been going over a lot of memories of my children to share some at my parents' upcoming 45th anniversary party. One that my mom still teases me about is when I once said, "When I have kids, I'm never going to tell them no!" Well, that definitely DID NOT work out how I expected, as my munchkins would attest...LOL!

Maria said...

Oops! That should have said "my childhood" not "my children"!

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!