Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Peaceful Morning

Today, my youngest son does not have school.  The difference in the morning is striking. 

They slept in.
I did the dishes.
The upstairs toilet needed plunging and it did not gnaw at me, it was merely a nuisance.
The sink had an ant party because someone left an unwashed glass from a late night juice but that didn't irritate either. 
I started the next wash and made the beds and vacumned.
They came down and asked for breakfast.  I even ate with them.
The slowness of the whole morning has been almost unreal, like watching ice melt or syrup crawl along the inside of a glass bottle when you're last in line with the pancakes.

I love it.
I love it. I love it. I love it.  I love it. I love it.
I know these days off aren't reality, that most weeks will have those four different directions pressing in on all sides, but today, I got to see what I'd been missing, the ability to feast on time. 

There's still tons to do and it will get done, but it's just a lovely moment that I've made a list and am not anxious even about the fact that I'm not anxious.  Gathering these good thoughts like relics, I plan to carry with me for the day. 

Hope your morning is good.  Going to go give the three youngest baths and seize the day.

No comments:

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!