Friday, August 5, 2011

Prayers for Writers

A fellow blogger is struggling with writer's block.  I know I hate when that happens to me and so I started to post, "Pray to Saint Anthony to find your muse."  Then, for fun, I thought "How would you petition other saints to help get through this sort of a creativity block?"  

St. Rita (I know it's obvious), because this feels impossible.

St. Martha: That I not be anxious about this.

St. George: That I slay this writer's block soon.

St. Thomas More: That I write truth.

St. Catherine of Sienna: That I write with passion and fire.

St. Christopher: That I find a way out of this world of lost thought.

St. Augustine: That I write with depth.

St. Francis of Assisi: That I write beauty.


Leave your own in the comments section.

1 comment:

Larry Denninger said...

St Thomas the Apostle - that this will no doubt pass soon.

St Peter - get behind me, thee writer's block!

St Thomas More - that I not lose my head over this writer's block.

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!