Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Original Sin

Desperation leads to desperate actions. After multiple bribes, systems, threats, promises, nagging days dictated by the timer, pull ups and readings of all the annoying books about learning to go…in three weeks, my son turns four.

Up to this point, he had refused to become potty trained.

I am sure when he becomes an adult, if he is so inclined, he can write a tell all book about me. In it, he can detail my certifiable insanity. In my defense, it’s not like I haven’t put in my time.

But I admit it, this was a new low, even for me. I know this isn't Parent Magazine approved.

I told him he couldn’t turn four if he wasn’t potty trained.

I told him it was against the law to turn four and not be potty trained. They’d revoke the birthday license and confiscate the cake and everything.

My son has been wearing underwear ever since.


While I refuse to celebrate until we go two days accident free, a tiny part of me is jumping up and down mentally at merely the possibility of potty training finally taking hold. It has been 1445 days of diapers for this guy alone.

For the record, I also refuse to repent as long as it’s working.

I suspect at the very least, I've committed a venal.
Wonder what I could say to motivate his sister…

For more humor that does not endanger the immortal soul, try http://www.humor-blogs.com!

3 comments:

Larramie said...

Whoa, big news in your house...fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

All's fair in love and potty training. A Texas fan!

Suburban Correspondent said...

Oooh, I'm trying that.

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!