Wednesday, August 17, 2016

What I Know

Monday, I interviewed for a job.
Tuesday, I interviewed for a job.
Wednesday, I shipped a child off for college and waited to hear about either job.

One is more suitable logistically, but will involve me hitting the books.  The other fits my interests but will demand more time.   Both left me thinking, I need to read more, I need to study more.

So here's what I know.
If I get job #1, I need to study more.
If I get job #2, I need to study more.
If I get neither job, I need to study more.

After spending an hour trying to mess through some new books on curriculum, I have learned three things:

1) I am out of practice as a student.
2) I am not as disciplined as I imagined.
3) School was a lot easier when I was on the other side of the desk, and it was someone else's job to make me pay attention.

Happy last days of Summer everyone!

No comments:

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!