Thursday, July 12, 2012

Back in the Saddle...or at least...out of the car...

We're back. It was fun and awesome and filling and luminous and joyful and loud and fattening and everywhere I looked was a person I hadn't seen in years and for whom my heart ached to spend the whole time just catching up.  It was a perpetual interruption of joy by more joy.  It's hard to explain other than to say I loved every minute.  That being said, my family did miss the comforts of their home. I submit my 18 month old daughter's response. 

When we got home, it was 9 in the evening. Time for bath and bed. This was my final heroic gesture to the toddlers, as I had no gas left in my tank after three days of driving after 5 days of really partying preceded by three days of driving. 

I put her in her crib. She slumped into the sleeping position immediately. An hour later when I was crawling into bed, she woke up.  She ran around the crib four or five times. "MOM!" she shouted.
Her dad and I looked over.  "WOW! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!"  She ran around the crib again, every once in a while saying the "WOW! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!"

"I think she's glad to be home." I quipped.  She nodded her head. 

I have a 1000 stories from the trip...but they'll have to wait. I have 11 days of mail to catch up. 

No comments:

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!