Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm Too Insulated for My Blog...Too Insulated for My Hat...

The most tired people on the planet are not Santa Claus and his entourage. It's the staff at Home Depot. Yesterday, the president paid a visit to a franchise in Virginia and said the following:

"I know the idea may not be very glamorous -- although I get really excited about it. We were at the roundtable and somebody said installation is not sexy. I disagree. (Laughter.) Frank, don't you think installation is sexy stuff? (Applause.) Here's what’s sexy about it: saving money." You can google it to read the rest.

Tiger Woods reportedly has expressed interest in being a spokesman as a result.

But as a consequence of the leader of the free world getting all "wee-wee'd up," these poor souls have spent the last 24 hours listening to every wantabe wit coming in to ask for the Score Baby! section of the store.

"Insulation, aisle 12."

In a related note, Rod Stewart is rewriting his classic 70's sleaze rock for modern ears, now entitled, "Do You Think I'm Weather Proofed?" No word on whether George Michael is going to make a piece, "I Want Your Owen Corning Pink Strips!"

So, in the interest of charity, please, if you must go to visit the big store for toilets, plumbing, wood and more, give the folks there a break. Buy the insulation for home delivery online.

1 comment:

MightyMom said...

I got a little confused...was the prez calling insulation sexy or instillation????

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!