Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Small Success Thursday

It's Thursday, so it's time to take stock of all the little things in a week that add up to a whole lifetime of love.  We measure the victories over homework and bedtime, housework and clutter, pounds and datenights, and all the 1000 judgement calls we make every week that ultimately try to strike that ballance between giving our children opportunity to succeed and shepherding them through the rougher points of life that otherwise might hurt.   It's a process, it changes daily in demand and scope, but it is always measured by how much we pour out of ourselves.

1) This week, I spent reajusting to life after vacation in the rare air of Miami.  Sunday we managed to get the supplies needed for three posters, a solar system and a telescope from Michaels.  Monday, we managed to assemble three posters and a telescope. The Universe isn't due until next Tuesday so I've got time.

2) had my hair done while on vacation and it was nice to do without worrying about time constraints. 

3) Still, children needed time with Mom, so one needed a hair cut, another new pants, and a third, a trip to the book store. My littlest one is attatched at the calve to me.  They're all a bit grabby and needy because Mom had the audacity to go away for a bit.

4) Still editing Helen.

5) Still pitching to write articles. 

6) Still stuck at 157 lbs.  Bleah.  But I did 20 push ups. It's a start.

7) I did a grown up thing today, I got myself a general physician. Nothing's going on to speak of, but it was high time I figured out someone other than the emergency clinic.

8) And I read three books over the course of vacation.  Bliss. Bliss. Bliss.

Now it's your turn!

3 comments:

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

#7...so important yet we all tend to put it off! This was our week back from spring break too and we are having a crazy adjustment not just coming back from vacation but Field Day and Special Olympics this week, a 5K for Autism awareness Saturday morning, World Autism Day festival and Sunday A.Skate. Shelby will be so excited to have a normal day on Monday!

Maria said...

WOW! I'm exhausted just reading your wonderful successes! Great job!

Judy Dudich said...

hee hee...didn't realize that you'd already posted this when I was here earlier today! 20 push ups? YOU GO GIRL! Woo Hoooooo!

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!