Monday, April 16, 2012

Disconnect

Last week, I was on vacation.

In Florida, I sat and had my hair done and didn't think about how much time it was taking.

I read books by the pool.  We drank mohitos and saw the sun set every night. We walked on the beach and swam in the ocean. We collected shells and I ate fish almost every meal except breakfast.  There was live music everywhere, bongo drums and salsa dancing. I did turn down going to the ritzy night club that played until 5 in favor of sleep but got up early to walk in the sand and admire the tall clear green and ice white waves. In one store, I tried on a red dress but bought new sneakers. 

Today...is tax day.  The septic man came at 7.  I found four loads of laundry in the basement and have to pick up suits, get a present, refill a prescription and tonight is Daisy Scouts.  We will have ham and pasta for dinner with vegetables.  I ate cereal and changed diapers. 

But to keep the rare air of vacation alive just a little longer, I'm wearing my diamond earings and had the last of the Easter chocolate.

No comments:

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!