Thursday, October 20, 2011

Small Success Thursday

Welcome to another Small Successes Thursday! The day when we stop to count our blessings and see that all the little things we do add up to a lot of love and that with each day, we're making serious progress. Part of why I love this little weekly exercise is it reminds me that while there are days when doing all of this is effortless, and there are days when it takes only effort to get through the basics; either way is a victory. I also feel heartened to read your stories and honored to host.

So to get to it then; this week I:

1) went on a date. We took two of our sons to a caps game thanks to free tickets! It was fun. It had been a long time since I'd been to one and to this day, I still don't quite get how fouls are called in hockey because I saw a lot of what I thought was technically not allowed but it was a blast!

2) participated in the 40 Days for Life.

3) My son had a field trip to a pumpkin patch and normally, I don't go to such things. I love that sort of stuff but it's hard to get out and manage a baby and a toddler and a four year old at an open setting. However, this was an absolute blast and it was at a place I'd never been before, so I was treated to a ride through Maryland hills loaded with fall foliage to boot. Got a cheese pumpkin to make pie.

4) Joined a book review team for Catholic writers. Can't wait! "For she is too fond of books."

5) Got a flu shot for free yesterday. Cue happy dance.

This week I'll Segment Report: I only managed two days of exercise this week, and there was a problem with Microsoft word so Helen got only a touch of editing (one day, 250 words --sigh). But there's always next week.

Next week I'll Goal: Get to 73K on Helen (Only 750 words away), and bump that exercise up to 4 days.

Now it's your turn. For some reason Mr. Linky seems a bit cranky today.  Just list a few things you've done this week that deserve a Hurrah! Then link up here in the combox so everyone can know where to come and visit.  If it's working, also leave a comment as my page does not show Mr. Linky at all. 

8 comments:

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

So glad you had a date night! I wish we lived a little bit closer to Raleigh so I could have a hockey date night :)

Here are my small successes:
http://wp.me/pViX7-yb

Maria said...

WOOHOO! Sounds like a successful week! Congrats on becoming a book reviewer. I've been one the past couple years & really enjoy it!

Here's the link to my successes:
http://threeblessingsacademy.blogspot.com/2011/10/small-successes_20.html

*kate said...

We went to the pumpkin patch too :) Quite an adventure.

Here is my post-
http://momentsofpeacemama.blogspot.com/2011/10/small-successes_20.html

Judy Dudich said...

http://thankfulwoman.blogspot.com/2011/10/small-successes_20.html

Don't see Mr. Linky, but happy for your wonderful successes! Your new job as a reviewer sounds VERY fun!
(Perhaps you'll do a review of my book some day soon!)

Nada said...

I'd love to take our daughter to a pumpkin patch! I'll have to look around and see if there's anything in the neighborhood!

Here's our small successes: http://wp.me/p1sxMC-BH

Linda Fox said...

What's a cheese pumpkin?

JJ's Mom said...

Sounds like a great week!

http://growinggarcias.blogspot.com/2011/10/success-cant-beat-that.html

Check out my successes too!

Sherry said...

Nada and Kate, I apologize, I could not get on your websites without my computer freezing up.

Linda: A Cheese Pumpkin is named that because it is lighter in color and looks kind of like a roll of cheese if a roll of cheese had groves like a pumpkin and a stem, but it rocks for pie.

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!