Saturday, June 23, 2012

Taking a bow

I started writing the Book of Helen back in 2007, when I had 8 children.  

Now it is 2012 and I have ten.  Today I finished (plugging the holes) in the book, and while there are edits and I don't for a minute think I'm done reworking and tugging at her, I was able to get to "The END" which is a mile marker.  A five year gestation to begin editing....but I finished. I finished.  Don't get all messy about the details.  I finished. You can shuffle pieces about tomorrow Sherry and flesh out that one thought and maybe trim that other section tomorrow but today...

This is my victory lap.  
I'll get back to work on this mess tomorrow...but tonight...celebrating with a chocolate bar and a diet coke. 

1 comment:

Mary B said...

Woo Hoo! Amazing! I will not complain about the 5 pages I have to do today.

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!