Friday, January 9, 2009

What do I do NOW?

For those unversed in "Chaos theory," there is the notion that every action affects the world in ways far beyond those that can be predicted. The mere flap of a butterfly's wing in China could prevent or increase the intensity of a tornado in the United States. Ray Bradbury's "A Sound of Thunder" illustrated how the death of a prehistoric moth could destroy what would otherwise have been a perfect world. (Lincoln would not be assasinated in that other timeline).

Yesterday, on the radio, an announcer talked of how the flap of a butterfly's wing in South America could affect the weather in Texas. Hearing this, I deliberately sought out a few mosquitoes and squashed them.

I have washed dishes, sneezed and folded socks. I expect weather in the midwest to be mild and snowy. If it's not, I just want you to know, I've done all I can.

1 comment:

MightyMom said...

BWAHAHAHAHA

thanks, I needed that!

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!