Thursday, March 4, 2021

My Small Success Thursday

 Years ago, I ran Small Success Thursday every Thursday for Catholicmom.com. It's now on Instagram and I'm not, so I'm going to just restart posting Small Success Thursday each Thursday to force me to hold to my 500 words  a day, no outs, no excuses mantra until I run out of words.   

Small Success Thursday is about taking stock of the prior week to see the little victories that help one be grateful for the things that otherwise might get lost in the course of seven days. In this time of Covid, cultivating gratitude is a form of self preservation and a reminder that even when things are pretty much the same, there are moments that should be celebrated.   

1) In the past week, we've acquired a new car, a new toaster and a new dishwasher. All three machines just decided their time was up and they weren't going to do anything more.  The mechanic took the car for what looks like a month and a half break.  The toaster found its place in the trash can and the new one ambled its way over the course of seven days from wherever it was in the Amazon warehouse to our home. The plumber took away the old dishwasher that was a machine and not working.  The old dishwasher that is not a machine is still working and wondering if she stopped working, would she get to retire too?   

2) Restarted my writing 500 words a day to get my writing brain back into regular practice. It had taken what I would call a month off (Feb), after the conference.  

3) Looked at my shoes and thought about walking.  Waiting for the temperature to be above my age.   or at least within a decade.   

4) Visited with a few important people in my life, family, friends, which somehow had fallen by the wayside --how we can get too busy when we're not going anywhere is proof we are capable of infinite distraction in every circumstance.  

5) Watched a movie I hadn't seen and read a book I hadn't read.   (Progress again, against watching things I've already seen, and looking at text I already knew).   

That's my list of Small Successes of this past week.  Hope your week was filled with small successes too.  

No comments:

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!