Sunday, January 24, 2021

Here's what I Know


None of us know what the next day holds, a child in the hospital, a bad diagnosis, a job loss, a death, all of these were in the petitions of today.  My own sorrows too, I put at the foot of the cross because that's where all of them belong.  So Christ can bleed on them, weep on them, and make them something other than merely misery, He can make them sacred. 

My sister called and in her grief, we visited, and through all of that, we shared a few laughs and were reminded of how we need each other even far from each other, because each bolsters the faith of the other.  She reminded me of  Reepicheep in Prince Caspian.   We're all called to be intercessors for each other.  We need each other.  We're not meant to be alone in our walk to Christ, we're to come and bring others, we're to walk together, to accompany each other and to pray for each others' needs and even wants. 


I should admit here, that Reepicheep is my favorite character of Narnia.   I love everything about that mouse, and Dawn Treader is my favorite book from my childhood.   I love all the islands, I love all the imagination of it, I wanted to find a picture that moved inside the frame and brought me there.  

But the stories remind me, what I tell my children when they're stressed about something beyond their capacity -and that description right now to me, fits everyone.   All the storms are temporary...all storms...even the worst ones... and sometimes, the storms abate in our favor. After all, we should remember, we have a God who the winds and seas obey.  

Remember God loves you and that all success and glory, like all trials and tribulations, are fleeting, they're moments.  Your job in living, is to treasure all the moments, even these that throw into sharp relief why all the boring time, all the ordinary time is sacred.   

No comments:

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!