Friday, December 22, 2017

At the National Catholic Register

If you haven't had a chance to read my latest, it's about embracing the cross like a lover, as I continue trying to get through writing a piece about meditating on each of the Joyful, Sorrowful, Luminous and Glorious Mysteries.  It's been a hard long series, growing more difficult with each subsequent essay.  I've numerous false starts and bad drafts.  What's more, it's been hard to keep track.  Thus far, I've written:

4 of the 5 Joyful Mysteries

Annunciation   --Let it be done to Us October 4, 2017
Visitation          --We are Always Invited  October 22, 2017
Incarnation
Presentation --At the Presentation, Mary Shows Us How to Be
Finding in the Temple  How my 13 year Old Taught Me Sept 21, 2017

3 of the 5 Sorrowful Mysteries

Agony in the Garden The Agony in the Garden December 8
Scourging at the Pillar The Scourging at the Pilar and the Me Too Meme October 28, 2017
Crowning of Thorns
Carrying of the Cross We all carry a cross
Crucifixion

3 of the 5 Luminous Mysteries

Baptism of Jesus –Confirmation is Sacrament of Initiation, not Graduation
Wedding at Cana –They are Out of Wine September 26, 2017
Sermon on the Mount
Transfiguration --The Transfiguration of Our Lord
Institution of the Eucharist

and only 1 Glorious Mystery

Resurrection
Ascension into Heaven  Submitted…
Descent of the Holy Spirit
Assumption of the Blessed Mother
Crowning of Mary, Queen of Heaven

I'm planning on letting the Descent of the Holy Spirit be the final piece in this collection for my son John.  The others, I've tried to let the stories reveal themselves as we go about the business of whateve it is we're doing.   I'd originally planned to write on the Incarnation for Monday but I haven't found the way to get at it without getting in the way.   

No comments:

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!