Friday, January 1, 2016

What's For Supper?

We do Christmas.  We do food.  I've done the math and when all twelve are at home, there are 252 meals served on any given week.  There are days this is not hard...bagels, oj and bacon.....hot dogs, french fries and carrots and cucumbers...and dinner...pasta, salad, meatballs, sauce.   And, there are days, it's not so easy.

Every New Year's, we toast the old and welcome the new with a steak and lobster tradition, token vegetables like broccoli and asparagus, and desserts, lots of desserts.   After fixing steak and lobster, I'm needing down time from the kitchen.  Today is feast of The Solemnity of Mary and we made it to the ten o'clock.   All twelve at the ten o'clock on time.  I'm thinking, not bad.  Pretty good way to start the new year.

Monsignor Brennan came over to me and asked, "How's your french?"  The answer?  Bad.  As in, it wasn't good when it was fresh and new either.  Never got beyond a B- after my first year and I think Sr. Emily took pity on me with that B.

I knew I was hearing the Our Father.

Upshot of all this?  My eight year old asked, "Can we have French Toast?"
Oui.   The thing about french toast in my house, I can use 12 eggs, a quart of milk and two loaves of bread.  It's never quite enough.

However, they loved it, and no leftovers.  No crumbs even.

As for the rest of the week, let's eat! MEMO: No special diets. If you want a special diet at our house, you can make your own if you clean up.  Ergo, No special diets.

Friday: Hamburgers and french fries, carrots, salad.
Saturday: Double Baked Chickens, potatoes, green beans
Sunday: Roasted Pork, salad, crescent rolls, roasted veggies.
Monday:  Pasta, red sauce, salad
Tuesday: Hot Dogs, beans, corn, cucumber salad
Wednesday: sausages, potatoes, green beans, sauteed onions, peppers.
Thursday: Pasta, meatballs, sauce, salad.

No comments:

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!