Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The Nutty Brain of a Writer

We like to think we're full of nougats of truth, but in all honesty, we're mostly nuts.  I can say that because today, I got up at 5:30. I woke two teens, cleaned out a bathroom, then made 8 lunches, then launched the 2 teens. Then I got up the tween, got myself showered and dressed, helped her and her father get going, and woke up the remaining five.  After making breakfast, unloading the dishwasher, reloading, double checking backpacks and signing forms, I read them a story, brushed two kiddos hair, made sure they brushed their teeth and we walked to the bus stop.  Dropping off the first three after singing songs while waiting, I brought the toddler and the five year old back to the house to wait for the second bus.  

Once he'd left to go to school, my 3 year old and I walked back inside and patrolled the house, making beds, emptying trash, turning off lights.  I started the laundry and did five loads this morning.  Next, I tackled the paperwork leftover from last week.  Then Anna and I worked on the basement (okay, she played) and I put away folded clothes. Then we practiced dancing to music and playing the piano. After lunch, we made homemade cookies complete with frosting.  Finishing up the dishes I sighed. 

Dinner sat cooking in the crockpot.  The day felt like a wash, a failure.  Why? 

Because I hadn't updated my blog and had zero ideas. I'd attempted four different pieces but none of them sung to me, none of them felt new.

Like I said.  The chocolate coated nougat of truth is I'm mostly nuts.   But at least we have cookies today. 

No comments:

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!