Monday, February 17, 2014

Hey Mom....what do you do when I'm at school?

We've spent the past five days together owing to snow and the weekend and while I've loved every moment including when I got schooled in Mario Go Cart this morning, the weather indicates they'll be back in school tomorrow.  But the kids wondered, what do I do while they're learning reading, writing and arithmetic?  What do I do with those 6 and 3/4 hours they're away five days a week?  

10) See any crime in our neighborhood?  No?  That's because I'm secretly Batgirl.  Except I patrol during daylight hours.  

9) I practice Mario Go-Cart, but I don't want you to know I am a master gamer so I just pretend to be incompetent and put the remote in the steering wheel backwards and come in 12th every time by trying to drive the track in reverse.   

8) I write the next blockbuster best seller, and then fantasize about what I will do when I finish writing the next blockbuster best seller.  I then conduct interviews with the famous me and give my replies until I wake up and realize, I haven't updated the blog in over a week.

7)  I clean the house from top to bottom with the radio on the station I want on every floor and then I chug a diet coke before grabbing my coat and racing down the driveway to meet the bus.

6) I binge watch Sherlock, Dr. Who and Top Gear when they nap, and Team Umizoomie and Bubble Guppies when they don't. 

5) Think about exercising, then make a list of all the things I need to do that will get in the way of actually doing it.  

4) Play the piano and wonder if I'll ever get past page 4 of the Moonlight Sonata.

3) Engage in a made up cooking show with Paul and Anna when it's lunch time, complete with a British, Italian, French or Southern accent depending upon what I'm serving.

2) Pedicures, bonbons, bubble baths, naps. 

1) Wish it had snowed another few inches so we could have one more day.

No comments:

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!