Sunday, March 1, 2009

Taking Time Off

For those who do not know, I experienced a miscarriage this past week. (Ash Wednesday). Yesterday, I had the necessary surgery to allow my body to heal and remove the remains of our 11th child. I had a miscarriage back in 2003 as well. There wasn't something to see and I was out cold anyway, but the doctor will have a chromosone work up done of our baby's DNA so we can know if it was a boy or a girl and what if anything can be known, caused death in utero.

So I ask for your prayers and patience, as I heal and take this week off from blogging. I'll probably find 15 things to write about as a result of claiming not to post this week, but that is the nature of things. Will post again come Sunday. Thanks for reading and I hope by then, I can write something to make you smile or even laugh.

8 comments:

JimmyV said...

Many prayers.

Unknown said...

Sherry,
Please be assured of our prayers for your healing as you continue to step out in faith for God's plan for you and your family.

reprehriestless warillever said...

I ma praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Sherry, I pray for you and your family all the time. You are precious in my eyes and in the eyes of our God. Please rest ( tell Rita and John that I said you need to rest), and take time to morne the loss of your little one. Love and prayers-Mom

MightyMom said...

I'm sorry for your loss.

Need a hug?

Anonymous said...

Sherry: I stopped by today to let you know I was giving you the "Premio Dardos" award for excellence in writing, and discovered your sad news.

I'm so sorry. Please know my prayers are with you. There's no award in the world that can touch what you are going through right now!

Walking the way of Lent together...

Heidi

Dotty said...

sherry, i'm so sorry. i've been offline a while with computer issues and just read your note today. i am coming to town this weekend (3/7) just for the day---let me know if you are up for company. dotty

MightyMom said...

I was thinking of you again...so I came back for another hug. I brought a hanky too.

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!