Thursday, June 11, 2020

Sorry I've been AWOL

The days blur together. I promise I'm still writing, but not as much is sticking which makes me wonder, what next?  I always worry when I think "What next?" because "What next" usually means something more.

I've submitted lots of pieces, but they've seen no traction. It's been two weeks since someone said "Yes" to one of my bits of writing and that's a long time publishing wise without a piece when I've sent 4 respectively to two different publications and two to two others that I'm attempting to court. 

Someone emailed me, "What's your new project?" and I didn't have an answer. I've almost always had an answer since I started this writing journey back in 2004.  Do I still love words --oh yes. Love pulling them together and weaving stories. 

If I  just told about today, it would include the burial of one turtle, a trip to the dentist to schedule an appointment for wisdom teeth to be removed, a sprint through the classroom to clear out papers and stuff, a sister carrying her sister who fainted from the heat on a bike ride and me worrying about not so much about writers block as being a blocked writer.   My son is playing the tamborine and watching Godzilla.   My nine year old is trying to outrun a rabbit that tried to get into the garden. 
Everything feels tired and strange at the same time. It must be day 91 of the Quarantine. 

Covid-19 is still here no matter what people think.  I worry about the uptick over the next three weeks. There is so much going on in life, and the news is such that people need both to stay informed and have occasional methods of relief.   So I'm going to try to make this blog again a source of relief.

How?  1) try to write humor for it on the regularly posted days in addition to linking to any publications should they happen. 
            2) Restart Small Success Thursday (next Thursday) and
            3) still keep at the 500 words a day no matter what policy. 

Hope the drought ends soon though.  Will start redecorating blog soon too.

No comments:

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!