The suggestions reveal concrete ways to exercise mercy, both for others and yourself. Other suggestions? I'm so glad you asked.
10) Find a Holy Door.. Make a pilgrimage. Walk through it. Why? Because actions matter. Asking for mercy, via the physical act of walking through a door of mercy, is a special means of receiving beyond the ordinary. In this year of mercy, they aren't just the sealed doors of the major Basilicas, so ask in your local diocese, about the nearest Holy Door.
9) Learn the Corporal and Spiritual Acts of Mercy. A good place to read about them is here.
But if you're pressed for time, These are the corporal (body) acts of mercy. You see someone in pain, and you take steps to provide partial or complete healing by your actions.
- To feed the hungry;
- To give drink to the thirsty;
- To clothe the naked;
- To harbour the harbourless;
- To visit the sick;
- To ransom the captive;
- To bury the dead.
- To instruct the ignorant;
- To counsel the doubtful;
- To admonish sinners;
- To bear wrongs patiently;
- To forgive offences willingly;
- To comfort the afflicted;
- To pray for the living and the dead.