Sunday, June 7, 2015

Summer in Session

When the weather gets hot, I personally believe that ice cream becomes one of the necessary meals of the day.  More importantly, my children know this and know that I will offer Sundaes as dinner (complete with lots of fruit) if chores I hate, get done. 

Given the state of the economy and the general run down conditions of our roads, infrastructure, cities and schools, I'm wondering what kind of mileage we could get on a national version of the ice cream economy.  

For example:  What would you do for a Klondike bar?  My kids will clean their rooms and even take folded laundry in a basket up to the appropriate room.  If it is a specialty bar like cookies and cream, they might even put their clothes away. 

Surely a bananna split would muster a clearing out of a garage or the powerwashing of a deck in the microeconomy.  Likewise I'm thinking there are more than a few rooms in congress that could stand a good scrubbing for the cost of a triple scoop with chocolate syrup confection with fruit and whip. 

We've tried all the traditional ways of getting congress to work, elections, public protests, phone and email, all but the most effective, and consistent method out there: bribing. 

So I'm willing to put up a hot fudge brownie sundae to the first member of congress to successfully pass a bill that doesn't self serve.   I scream, you scream, if we all scream, we might get something other than the bill for their desserts, perhaps we could get bills for just desserts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!!
I'm totally with you on this using-ice-cream-as-a-bribe
idea :)

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!