Friday, February 9, 2018

Hey it's Friday. Time for an Update beyond Links...

I have two pieces to link up to for you today but I thought I'd start by saying...I'm thinking of redoing this blog because it's not so much a humor blog anymore.  It's not I've lost my sense of humor, it's that I've not found a venue for pure humor.  Instead, I'm using humor like salt on popcorn, as part of articles.   As such, I'm not posting as much purely free content. 

Over the years I've remodeled this blog to reflect the content, and even toyed with switching to wordpress.  Except when I tried, it posted every article as the same one, so that just didn't work. It was a terrifying moment for me when I thought I'd lost over 800 posts.  Imagine how I'd feel if I lost 2,585 of these things!  So I'm sticking with the platform that's served me, but it's probably time to retool the place if only to reflect the content. 

This week's Small Success Thursday  post over at Catholicmom.com is on "Being Joyful." My most recent piece at the National Catholic Register is part of the series on the Rosary.  This time, I'm trying to reflect on the Coronation of Our Lady.  My goal is to finish the remaining four (the Eucharist, the Crucifixion, the Assumption, and the Descent of the Holy Spirit), print them all up and give them as a present to John for Confirmation. (Along with a rosary natch).  I've loved having this series because it eliminated the question, "What are you going to write about?" or at least, gave me easy places to start.  The blank page without a format will prove a tad more daunting.

Perhaps I'll do the Doctors of the Church. I've already done the research, and after all, we should be more familiar with Saint Hildegard of Bingen and Saint Alphonsus Liguori than Matt Smith and David Tennant. 








No comments:

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!