Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Review!

Cheryl over at The Book Connection graciously agreed to review the first chapter of my book.  I hope you will go over and give a read.  Having done book reviews briefly, and now only very occasionally, I appreciate that it takes a lot of time to review anything. Reading for enjoyment is one thing. Reading for someone else is another.  It's a process that requires attentive reading and time, and then reviewing takes additional thought and work to craft a fair assessment of the work.  Stamping your own opinion on a book affects your reputation and friendship, the trust your (blog) readers have in you of your ideas about things.  It is an endorsement, and thus requires some degree of risk on the part of reviewers, that their readers will trust their referral. 

So I am grateful to all those who sink in the time to review The Book of Helen, and for their words.  Thank you.

Click here to see Cheryl's thoughts on the first chapter.  I'm still tripping the happy dance.  "She liked it! She liked it!" 

No comments:

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!