Saturday, June 25, 2011

Good Sport

It feels like August in my brain.

There are countless things I need to do and I'm not interested in doing any of them. There is vacuuming and cleaning, beds to be made and more.  I'd been doing flylady.com for 35 days and today, I crashed and burned big time.  It isn't that I'm depressed or disorganized or overwhelmed, I'm just bored with it all.  It's like I've morphed into my kids and I'm mentally walking around humphing because there's nothing I want to do.

I can see the laundry, the dishes and dinner's half done and here I am, slumming on my computer.  There isn't even umph to order children into working, that's tedious.I also don't want to be perceived as the nag-o-mom.  No reason to stop their fun because I'm stuck. 

Normally, I'm the cheerleader in the house, normally I'm the one who is on the go-go-go-go and here I am feeling stale.  It's driving me nuts.  I tried writing, but had block. I tried praying and that felt like the prayers were going nowhere and they were interrupted multiple times.  Then my seven year old came and insisted I battle him in cards.  It wasn't what I wanted, but having a first grader talk smack at you can be very entertaining.   We played.  I lost in impressive fashion.  He bragged.  "I Beat MO-OM! I BEAT MO-OM!"

I feel much better. 

1 comment:

Quite Rightly said...

Thirty-five days is a long time to stick to Flylady without a break.

Maybe I'll clean up those shoes next month. ;-)

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!