Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ask and Ye Shall Receive...

Friday, I'd had it.  I posted my little note about pottying and decided "No More." 

I put her in underwear and vowed we'd be cloistered until she showed we could go out in public. 

Four hours into the day and two accidents later, my mother called and told me she'd been to adoration and prayed for each of my children, but added a special petition for my soon to be 4 year old.  We were still waiting for our first success.  My will was close to breaking.

To distract myself, I picked up a book I'd been reading, Peter Kreeft's "Catholic Christianity"  The chapter on the Our Father is particularly fine and as I read two sentences in particular.  "More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of." and "If God let us see all the difference every one of our prayers made, througout all of history and all of humanity, we probably would be unable to ever get up off our knees again," my daughter called out urgently, "MOM!"

I went to her summons. She was in the bathroom and the first success documented as true, had a witness. I'd banned McDonald's until she was potty trained and two weeks into the ban her sister had attempted to secretly substitue her own (ahem) sample for her sister to get Mom to drive to Mickey D's for some happy meals.  But this time, there was no mistaking that smile of ownership.  Cue Music! 




I called my mom.  "Why haven't you asked before????" I asked.  She said she had.
But it was still a reminder, All things, great and small....
P.S. Told my sister. She began singing Handel, inspired this post.

3 comments:

Larry Denninger said...

For a totally different reason, I needed to read those Peter Kreeft quotes this very moment. Thank you!

Laurinda said...

Hooray!! Good for you and her! Just remember that she could retrograde but that is only part of the process!

MightyMom said...

HOORAY!

can your Mom pray for my Sugars?? like, TODAY?? PLLLEEEAAASSSSEEEEEEEE?????

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!