Thursday, April 15, 2010

Small Success Thursday

It seems all the more important to talk about small successes when we feel like there aren't any.  It reminds us that they are ever visible if we only look.  I didn't want to do this exercise today.  I was tired.  I was frustrated.  We paid our taxes and so I felt tapped out, overworked and discouraged. 

But I've had some dark chocolate.  I've had a visit with a person who has in a short time of helping me with Paul become a good friend and I've rocked out to Pat Benatar's "Heart Breaker" while cleaning out my son's room of lost laundry.  So I'm good.

This week I:

1) Got to see my sister, brother in law, niece, brother, one cousin and my Mom and Dad.  We had four days of rich food and red wine and conversations that weren't rushed. 

2) I read the first 200 pages of a book a friend lent me, Olive Kitteridge.  I'm looking forward to the rest.

3) I exercised two days.  (Gained 3 pounds from rich food over the weekend but it was soooooo worth it).

4) Realized I couldn't do something even though I'd wanted to and said I would, so I backed down and said no.  It doesn't happen very often that I a) recognize I'm over extended b) admit to it c) alter plans because of it. 

5) The house and the laundry is 90% in order.  Not paying attention to the other ten percent. 

6) Still doing Montfort so I'll say the rosary today and I love the luminous mysteries.

7) Six kids made it to swimming lessons Monday.  I was worried about having signed up my daughter who just turned three the day after classes started. My last bout with one so young was a wasted effort where the kid sat on the steps and watched everyone else swim.  He finally went out with the instructor on the last day. 

However, the Sphinx Regina got out of the pool at the end of her session and said, "I love this Mom. Let's do it again!"  Next Monday.

8) Finally, this really made me chuckle.  What I love best is the audience response. 
The Mom Song

1 comment:

MightyMom said...

woot woot on #4!

lovin #5

pool party at your house for #7!!

but really, dark chocolate and Pat Benetar? how could it get better?

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!