Saturday, March 27, 2010

Unintended Consequences

Today we finally celebrated my son's 17th birthday. It actually happened Thursday but he had school and play practice and so the cake song bit got held off until Saturday morning.  In passing out food, my daughter gave our youngest a slice with thick frosting.  He loved it.  He now looks like this:


She had only meant to give him a bit of a treat.  The result was a major mess.  A happy mess to be sure but a mess.  He is now wondering why we don't give him cake more often.  Next weekend when he meets the Easter Bunny's bounty....excuse me, I think I will go buy extra soap.

P.S.  I thought about parlaying this into a political piece about how the best of plans and most benign of intentions often fail to recognize the long term consequences of things but Paul is a great mitigator of my spirit.   He also needs a serious bath instead of a serious blogging mother.

1 comment:

MightyMom said...

bwahahahha awe...I just wanna eat him up. or at least join in the chocolate eating messiness! that's a picture for framing.

better turn on that zztop to help him burn off the sugar high.

bwahaha.

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!