Thursday, July 23, 2020

Small Success Thursday

Today I restart this series that I kept up for years: Small Success Thursday. 

It's July 23rd and my son turned twenty-one today.  We feasted on Bucca-di-Bepo, we had chocolate chip cookies and sang Happy Birthday.  We played electronic pictionary (cool tech version where the artist can't see the drawing as they draw) and watched opening night of baseball until it rained. 

I am grateful for this son, for his humor, for his quiet leadership, for his courage, for his personal integrity, for his kindness and class --he's been a leader in high school, and college has been good for him.  He's a fun person to just be with...even if no one but perhaps his younger brother can keep up with him. 

Having everyone home means  I get some quiet monents with individual kids I wouldn't, and I love those moments. Walks with some, baking with others, just silly times playing dolls with the youngest, and the moments you can't script, like hearing one sing along to the radio that doesn't normally sing.  I love those hidden gems the best. 

This marks my I don't know how many times I've tried this attempts at fitness.  I've been working out by getting up and walking.  This is week 1, day three.   Hope it doesn't rain tomorrow so I can keep up the process.   

That's my report for this week, and I hope all of you have a great week filled with Small Successes. 

No comments:

Leaving a comment is a form of free tipping. But this lets me purchase diet coke and chocolate.

If you sneak my work, No Chocolate for You!